During the greater part of my teenage years, I have suffered from anxiety, self-hate, the fear of not fitting in to society and much more.
Through these tough years in my life, these quotes have built me, taught me patience, motivated me and made me love myself. Reading them each day would make me feel stronger. Today, I can proudly say that I am on the path of self-love. I do not let negative criticism get to me and with each passing day, I love myself even more.
I hope and pray that this post helps you become a stronger and truer you.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time some time.
- But you were made to be this brave little human who does not back down to the things in life that try to tidal wave over you and force you to be small.
- Does the sun ask itself, “Am I good? Am I worthwhile? Is there enough for me?” No, it burns and it shines. Does the sun ask itself, “What does the moon think of me? How does Mars feel about me today?” No, it burns, it shines. Does the sun ask itself, “Am I as big as other suns in other galaxies?” No, it burns, it shines.
- “What are you?” “To define is to limit.”
- Look at you. You’re young. And you’re scared. Why are you so scared? Stop being paralyzed. Stop swallowing your words. Stop caring what other people think. Wear what you want. Say what you want. Listen to the music you want to listen to. Play it loud and dance to it. Go out for a drive at midnight and forget that you have school the next day. Stop waiting for Friday. Live now. Do it now. Take risks. Tell secrets. This life is yours. When are you going to realize that you can do whatever you want?
- There is no force equal to a woman determined to rise.
- Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.
- Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no-one’s definition of your life; define yourself.
- I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life- and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.
- Aspire to inspire before you expire.