*uses essential oils for every problem in life*
Being a serious essential oils lover, I am ecstatic to share this post with you.
Recently, I have added something to my morning routine; something that makes my morning calmer, brighter, greater. Burning essential oils, first thing in the morning, not only helps me wake up feeling much happier but also makes my room smell wonderfully pleasant.
I am currently using the Fresh Skin Lavender Oil (I like to use oil burners instead of diffusers because, honestly, there’s just something beautiful about using the old natural methods, rather than the electric ones).
Now you must be thinking, what is so special about essential oils if that’s all they can do? But actually, that is not all. Essential oils are perfect for a list of things, such as fighting cold & flu symptoms, soothing sore muscles, healing skin conditions, balancing hormones, improving digestion, reducing cellulite & wrinkles and much, much more.
Here are a few science-backed reasons why essential oils may be the new antibiotics:
- Japanese researchers found that people with depression who sniffed Lemon oils were able to lower their dose of antidepressants; the scent helped normalize hormone levels.
- In one study, adults who inhaled Orange essential oil and then took a test, handled the pressure sans increased anxiety.
- Lavender oils increase brain alpha waves associated with relaxation and deep sleep. The do-it-all scent may also alleviate PMS symptoms and reduce pain. Reach for it to soothe scrapes and stings.
- Antifungal, antiseptic and antibacterial, the Tea Tree oil is so potent that it has killed MRSA and Staph in lab settings. Also used to fight off athlete’s foot, acne and dandruff.
- Smelling the Ginger oils ease queasiness, as per research done by anesthesiologists; cancer centres use it for patients who have had radiation.
- In one study, rubbing Peppermint oil into temples soothed headaches. In another, a massage with this and Eucalyptus oils reduced post workout muscle cramps. Also, the scent of the Eucalyptus oil reduces stuffy noses and head pressure in people with sinusitis, as per a German study.